RESPONSIBLE ROBOTICS: ROBOTS WITH AND FOR SOCIETY (RESP-R) August 29th 2022
Hybrid conference for
31st IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2022) (August 28th – September 2nd , 2022)
- Submission of papers: 17. July 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 30. July 2022
- Presentation of selected papers: 29 August, 2022, in Naples, Italy
We cordially invite contributions from the global research and industry community working on responsible robotics as a topic to submit papers to the Workshop RESPonsible robotics: Robots with and for Society (RESP-R) hosted at the 31st IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication in Napoli, Italy.
This year’s conference theme is robot and human interactive communication. It covers a wide range of topics related to Robot and Human Interactive Communication, involving theories, methodologies, technologies, empirical and experimental studies. Papers related to the interdisciplinary and SSH study of robotic technology, psychology and cognitive science, artificial intelligence, human factors, RRI, ethics, regulation and policies, interaction-based robot design and other topics related to human-robot interaction are welcome. The workshop RESP-R will engage in a dialogue on responsible robotics. We specifically invite contributions that propose new empirical, theoretical, and methodological insights and approaches into responsible robotics from across the globe. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible robotics (good practice, assessment, issues, etc.)
- Ethical issues relative to AI-driven robotics
- Diversity and gender in robotics
- Socio-economic and social inequality issues
- Acceptance/adoption of robotics
- Legal, policy and regulation issues
- Assessment of trust and trustworthiness
- Engagement of society
- Maturity of AI-driven robotics
Papers should follow the standard IEEE paper format, ranging from 4-6 pages, and should be uploaded to EasyChair through this link. Selected papers will be invited to be presented at the workshop, with the aim to submit to a Special Issue (TBC).
We fully hope to meet you at RO-MAN, either as a member of the audience or as a selected author.
For more info contact us at: resp-r@robotics4EU.eu